Flames erupted from the garage at David and Marty Meadows’ at 2601 S. State St. Monday evening. Swift response by the Iola and Allen County fire departments helped keep the family home from being consumed.
According to Marty Meadows, the family was sitting down to dinner when an audible popping noise could be heard from the direction of the garage. Her husband, David, immediately smelled smoke and saw flames coming from the structure.
Stay connected to the stories and events that make your community a special place to call home.
Subscriptions start at $14.90/month.View subscription options
- Unmatched coverage of Allen County’s local news and sports, a tradition dating back to 1867
- Compelling portraits of our residents, experienced reporting and thoughtful analysis
- Unlimited online access to iolaregister.com and our archives