LAHARPE A fire destroyed the home of Mike Scott and his two teen-aged sons early Sunday afternoon.
Scott was not home, but his sons were. The boys were frying hamburger on a propane-fueled stove when they reported flames gushing from the stovetop.
The fire quickly grew in intensity as the boys fled the home and sought refuge with a neighbor.
Stay connected to the stories and events that make your community a special place to call home.
Subscriptions start at $14.90/month.View subscription options
- Unmatched coverage of Allen County’s local news and sports, a tradition dating back to 1867
- Compelling portraits of our residents, experienced reporting and thoughtful analysis
- Unlimited online access to iolaregister.com and our archives