It’s a natural thing to do when the temperature dips, start the car and let it warm up before going to work.
When the car is in a garage attached to, or under, a dwelling place, doing what comes naturally can be fatal.
One person died and 11 others were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Salina last week when the colorless, odorless gas filled a townhouse from a car left running in an attached garage.
Carbon monoxide can also be created by unvented heaters and by any poorly regulated fire which results in incomplete combustion.
Take care. Winter still has at least a month to go.
— Emerson Lynn, jr.
Stay connected to the stories and events that make your community a special place to call home.
Subscriptions start at $14.90/month.View subscription options
- Unmatched coverage of Allen County’s local news and sports, a tradition dating back to 1867
- Compelling portraits of our residents, experienced reporting and thoughtful analysis
- Unlimited online access to iolaregister.com and our archives