Iola city employee Trent Rhodes is in a burn unit in Kansas City following an accident at his home Saturday.
Rhodes was burned while cutting on a piece of metal, Allen County Sheriff Bryan Murphy said.
Investigators believe a spark struck his jacket and ignited.
Stay connected to the stories and events that make your community a special place to call home.
Subscriptions start at $14.90/month.View subscription options
- Unmatched coverage of Allen County’s local news and sports, a tradition dating back to 1867
- Compelling portraits of our residents, experienced reporting and thoughtful analysis
- Unlimited online access to iolaregister.com and our archives