Iola city employee Trent Rhodes died Friday, six days after being burned in an accident outside his rural Allen County home.
Rhodes, 41, had been at the University of Kansas Medical Center burn unit since the April 14 accident.
He had been cutting metal when a spark ignited his jacket, quickly engulfing him in flames.
Stay connected to the stories and events that make your community a special place to call home.
Subscriptions start at $14.90/month.View subscription options
- Unmatched coverage of Allen County’s local news and sports, a tradition dating back to 1867
- Compelling portraits of our residents, experienced reporting and thoughtful analysis
- Unlimited online access to iolaregister.com and our archives