Man rescued after house explodes

By

Local News

November 4, 2019 - 9:45 AM

Metal lawn furniture sits among the charred remains of the Houk home. REGISTER/VICKIE MOSS

MORAN ? Max Houk, injured when his house exploded and collapsed around him Saturday, remains hospitalized in a Kansas City hospital.

Houk, 62, suffered injuries to his back and legs in the explosion. He?s a patient at the University of Kansas Medical Center in the hospital?s burn unit.

Those at the scene described Houk?s survival as ?remarkable,? considering the ferocity of the explosion, and the intense fire, smoke and heat that followed.

Related
March 11, 2020
November 14, 2019
November 2, 2019
May 2, 2018